newbie tries to run b4 walking

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
slimserverbob
New here

newbie tries to run b4 walking

Post by slimserverbob »

Hi; just got my TS-101 and attached it to PC and ran quickstart which geberated the config window. But, I couldnt see the drive anywhere on Windows system. In attempt to solve this I changed the DHCP setting to static IP. Now I cant even see the drive in the quick start config window. I have since learnt that I should have connected QNAP directly to router to get IP address generated (PC is wirelessly connected to router). How can I get back into the quick start config menu to change setting back to DHCP. Thanks (and I'll be more careful next time!!)
QNAPIvan
Experience counts

Post by QNAPIvan »

Press the default button for several seconds. The NAS will be back to default settings. (TCP/IP setting= DHCP client; ID/PWD= administrator: admin).

So connect the NAS to the router. Press the default button.
NAS will be assigned a IP automatically by your router. Your PC and NAS should be in the same subnet. Then run the QIW software on PC to find the IP address of your QNAP NAS.
USA Technical Support: +1 909 595 2782
slimserverbob
New here

Squeezebox/Slimserver wireless setup

Post by slimserverbob »

QNAPIvan; thanks mate sorted the DHCP problem. I overlooked the obvious reset (doh). I have now got the drive up and running and transferred music over. But, I can only get my squeezebox to connect wirelessly when the QNAP is connected to the router via ethernet. I expected to be able to run the QNAP wirelessly standalone? Any advice appreciated - thanks
slimserverbob
New here

Post by slimserverbob »

belay that last post!!! I now know you cant do it!!!!

Return to “Miscellaneous”