TS-100 Questions

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
vergs
New here

TS-100 Questions

Post by vergs »

I have a few questions regrading the TS-100

Does the UPnP server work with Xbox XBMC?

The eSata port, is this for connecting additional HDDs to the unit like the USB ports?

I have a Netgear SC-101 currently and it requires driver software. Is there any such requirement on the TS-100?

What is the advantages of the TS-101 compared to the TS-100, faster?

Is there any reviews you can direct me to on the TS-100?

Can I share the photo album over the web?

Also can you format the externally connected HDD via the web interface in EXT3?

Thanks in advance,
vergs
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi vergs,

Thanks for your interests on our product!
Below are the answers for your Qs.
Does the UPnP server work with Xbox XBMC?
Yes it does.
The eSata port, is this for connecting additional HDDs to the unit like the USB ports?
Yes that's correct.
I have a Netgear SC-101 currently and it requires driver software. Is there any such requirement on the TS-100?
With TS-100 you do not need to install any drivers but there are several utilities that help you with finding and accessing the NAS as well as softwares for remote file replication and BT download interface.
What is the advantages of the TS-101 compared to the TS-100, faster?
Yes. Besides that here's the comparison table just for your reference.
Is there any reviews you can direct me to on the TS-100?
As for only little difference in price I would suggest you to go for TS-101. Not just that its better overall performance, the built-n Twonky Media home media server also works with a large number of other DLNA-compatible devices currently on the market together make it a multiple award-winning, best value NAS compare to TS-100.
Can I share the photo album over the web?
Yes you can.
Also can you format the externally connected HDD via the web interface in EXT3?
Yes you can.

Just ask here if you have any other questions regarding our products.

We look forward to giving the best product experiences.

Andy
=============================================================>>>
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
vergs
New here

Post by vergs »

Thanks for the answers :D
StuT
Starting out

Post by StuT »

Hi Vergas

I have a TS109 and a XBMC. I currently can not see the TS109 UPnP server on the XBMC. SMB shares not working 100% as yet. But I have a feeling this may be my router. QNAP have improved the SMB server - upgrade recently to 1.1.2 version s/w. I would like to hear from others that have a TS109 and XBMC to see if theirs is stable.

Send SC-101 to bin. I bought one too - just terrible. What was Netgear thinking on having to install software???

Overall the features on the TS109 are fantastic. It has all the features I want for a network storage server plus some that I just can not believe. My view is the product is young and the software is quite immature. The Qnap guys are responsive and look like they are working on maturing the device.

My suggestions:
Want to be part of the bleeding edge - buy one now - I would not trust it with important material at this stage - this device is great if you want a torrent DL station that burns about 20W running continuously and quiet - serves video files once downloaded (hopefully I can find why mine is not stable and QNAPS is okay!)

Want a robust server with a lot of features - come back and see in 3 to 6 months.

StuT
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi StuT,
I have a TS109 and a XBMC. I currently can not see the TS109 UPnP server on the XBMC.
We will soon confirm that tho we did go thru testing on it.
The Qnap guys are responsive and look like they are working on maturing the device.
Thanks for that and yeah absolutely.
Want a robust server with a lot of features - come back and see in 3 to 6 months.
why not getting one and advance with us :D

cheers for the comments

Andy
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]

Return to “Presales”