BUG: FTP and WebFile Manager

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
Know my way around

BUG: FTP and WebFile Manager

Post by 9812713 »

hello,

I seem have found a bug that exists in the 0727 firmware, as well as the latest 0928 firmware.

I do realize I am running beta firmware and it should not be run for a Stable environment. However here is the low down on my Unit, as well as the problem

Hardware:
Model: Qnap TS-209 PRO
MB version: 1.03
Hard Drive: 750 GB ES Drive - Single, NO RAID

Services:
FTP - I have to - because it is required service for the Qdownloader
Samba, for Windows Shares
the Download manager,
NFS - Mostly used internal to my network
and probably a bunch of other ones I haven't 'tweaked' yet.

Anyway, the source of the problem is this. In Linux, I mount the Share folder using the NFS command.

sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.1.242:/Public /home/e42/Qnas/Public/

The folder mount successfully.

I can access, modify, read, write, delete .. etc to this folder.

The problem starts when I try to access the files remotely or through my web-browser or via the FTP protocol.

During the Web File Manger sessions, here is the exact error I get

System message

You do not have permission to get URL '/cgi-bin/filemanager/share/HDA_DATA/Public/test/Documents/guidleines' from this server.

--

Granted, here is the same folder, same file I am trying to access...

Command: CWD /Public/test/Documents/
Response: 550 /Public/test/Documents/: No such file or directory
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

This is from FileZilla

--

However when I connect to my network, during the evenings, I am able to read, write, modify the files and folders, at free will..

--

Please Note: I have tried changing the folder from X name to Y name , none on my accounts can access these files remotely.

Let me know if I can provide any more information. I am trying to help make your product amazing.
Wil.
Know my way around

Post by 9812713 »

As a follow-up Addition ..

I have already moved the data off the drive using the Move command, then moved all the files back to the server, several hours later. There were no changes in the behavior of this problem..

wil.
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi Mr. 9812713,

We are investigating this and try to rebuild the same prob you had here will soon get back to you on the results.

Andy
=============================================================>>>
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
Know my way around

Post by 9812713 »

If you want ..

I can provide remote access and let you see first hand .. I did this with another TS member..

Maybe it is a File / permissions problem ? although when I access my NAS I am using the Admin account, and also have tried with a new account, also with admin privileges.

Wil.
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

That'll be great and i am afraid this will be happening on monday morning but the first thing on the list.

Thanks
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
simbiose
First post

Re: BUG: FTP and WebFile Manager

Post by simbiose »

Hi!

Did you managed to solve this issue? I'm experiencing the same problem.
dmann
Starting out

Post by dmann »

I have confirmed what resolved this for me was giving r+x to the "other" or everyone group.

chmod o=rx *

This does not make sense, as my user is in the group that owns all files. This is does not seem like it should work this way... but it does.

-d
Know my way around

Post by 9812713 »

In reply, I am once again experiencing the problem.

I have not *tried dmann's solution.

To shed some light on the issue. When I map a folder on my Linux box and copy over files, it seems to inherit the file owner. The same appears to be the case when I am coping files from a EXT2 or 3 hard drive. I will take a looks as some of the ownership rights, but I don't want to have "everyone" as an owner.

Currently I am setup as "admin" and have disabled the Everyone access, and guess access to all the shares.
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi 9812713,

I've tried the following:

I mount my TS-209 from my vmware running fedora 8 with the following command:

# mount 192.168.123.11:/Public /mnt/ts209_public (-t nfs isn't really needed for nfs mounts)

I then copy some files over to the public share on my ts-209:

# cp ~/foo.bin /mnt/ts209_public

while the mount remains I then use Filezilla to connect to my TS-209 and browse thru the Public folder as well as copying some files over from my windows.

up to this point, i was wondering are we talking on the same thing?

Andy
Know my way around

Post by 9812713 »

Hi Andy,

Attached you will find [telnet.png] this is a snapshot of the file permission problem. ( File permission: 600 )

Here is the background story of how this file came to be.

On my laptop I run Virtual box, and Windows as a VM. I simply mounted my portable hard drive ( File Permissions: 777 ) and went to the console and typed the following command: cp -R /home/e42/* /media/usbdisk/...

Everything copied :) Yippee.. I then come to my NAS (TS-209 Pro) and mount the Hard Drive as Usb Disk 1 .. ( you can see the path )

** Still on the Usb Disk 1 -- the files come as -rw------- or ( File permission: 600 )

Now if I type chmod 444 <filename> (for read only) or chmod 666 <filename> for RW access to the file.

I am doing all the above steps, including the Web Filemanager, with the built in admin account.

Any Clue .. ?

Thanks for your attention.
Wil.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “File Sharing”