mod_auth_mysql and apxs (htaccess)

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
Glimne
Starting out

mod_auth_mysql and apxs (htaccess)

Post by Glimne »

Hi *,

I want to use Authentification for my Coppermine-Picture-Directory, and I would like to use the same mysql-Database as Coppermine uses.

Because of that I need the apache-Module mod_auth_mysql.so and mod_auth_mysql.c.

I have the mod_auth_mysql.c and I tried to compilate it with:

./apxs -c -L/usr/local/lib/libmysqlclient.so -lm ../libexec/mod_auth_mysql.c

But since apxs needs perl it does not work.

Any solutions (without installing perl). Have someone used apxs before.

See you

Stefan
d0cfx
Starting out

Re: mod_auth_mysql and apxs (htaccess)

Post by d0cfx »

Without installing Perl there's no possible solution I know of, since apxs requires Perl interpreter, since it's a Perl script.

If you dont want to install Perl because of compiling issues on the Qnap NASes (how I understand you!!!) you can always use Optware IPKG to easily install it and then specify the Optware Perl interpreter in the shebang line (the first 2 chars line #! of the apxs file in usr/local/apache/bin/). [1] In a Unix-like operating system, the program loader takes the presence of these two characters as an indication that the file is a script, and tries to execute that script using the interpreter specified by the rest of the first line in the file.

So for this to work you must edit the refered line to #!/opt/bin/perl -w so the apXs locates the perl interpreter.

[1] wikipedia.org

Good work

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”