QNAP TS-100 review on www.tech.is

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Yank
First post

QNAP TS-100 review on www.tech.is

Post by Yank »

Wrote a review on http://www.tech.is . Most of it is of cause written in Icelandic so you probably wont benefit much from it.

That is why I "loosely" translated the conclusions.

"QNAP TS-100 is extremely quit and power saving as a home server. Incredibly versatile solution in a small body. You can download, and store data in a safe and convenient way, then share it on your network or just with any one.

QNAP TS-100 can be placed any where as long as it can be connected to Earthnet or power. Be it in a closet, in your garage or storage room.
QNAP TS-100 has replaced my old home server. It has not put a foot wrong for the last 2 weeks and has served its purpose well. It has taken care of torrent, and other downloads, shared my music and other media with other computers on my network. QNAP TS-100 is all so rich in other features that I have not fully utilized as of yet. Features like Raid-1 backup server, print server, and a web server that utilizes PHP and SQlite.

QNAP TS-100 has the limitation of having only room for one hard drive. According to QNAP.com it takes 750GB hard drive at most. But I suspect that 1Tb hard drive should be ok. In my test I used a WD Raptor 36GB 1000 rpm hard drive. It did that to see if that would cause troubles. The Raptor is known to create a lot of heat and that would test to the ultimo the cooling capabilities of QNAP TS-100. WD Raptor 36GB is also not listed as a compatible hard drive on the QNAP website. This did not cause any problems.

If you need more hard drive space you don’t have to despair because QNAP also produces other types that can accommodate two hard drives like the QNAP TS-209"

regards Yank
QNAPRei
Been there, done that

Post by QNAPRei »

Hi Yank,

Thank you very much for your sharing.
Online Support Form: http://www.qnap.com/onlinesupport.asp
Support email: q_support@qnap.com.tw
MSN: q.support@hotmail.com

Return to “Users' Corner”