500GB to 1TB (Raid1)

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
Vertexshader
Starting out

500GB to 1TB (Raid1)

Post by Vertexshader »

Hello :)

I have been looking around on the forum but i didn't find my question, i hope i did looked good enough..

I already ordered the QNAP 209 Pro turbo station today with 2 WD 500GB drives in Raid1, i'm expecting it tomorrow..

So i have 500GB of storrage, so when i want 1TB lateron in Raid1 can i just remove one 500GB drive and place a new 1TB drive and rebuild raid1? and then remove the other 500GB drive and replace it with the second 1TB drive?

thanks in advance
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi Vertexshader,

There are good news and bad news.

The Raid operation you mentioned is called 'Raid expansion', we are developing now.

But the good news is that we've decided to add this feature to the TS-20x series and will be introduced in the near future so I am sure it's definitely going to be there before you plan to expand your hard drives.

Andy
=============================================================>>>
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
=============================================================>>>
Vertexshader
Starting out

Post by Vertexshader »

Well that sounds like good news to me, :)
thanks

I installed the new firmware right away when i received it, the dealer already configured the QNAP in Raid1 and Twonkeymedia...
I'm really impressed by all the options and services this box has! and i'm sure i havent tried them all yet :D

This NAS came in replacement of an linux server i used at home for central media, file storage and web/ftp server in the network..

This way its much easier, no linux installation and configuration needed anymore... just great!!! 8)

Return to “Presales”