CALDAV

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
schloessi
Starting out

CALDAV

Post by schloessi »

Hi,

in our household there a 3 Macs (see signature) and all use iCal with various different calendars to hold track of events. iCal syncs only to a .mac account with full features usable or a webdav server which supports only publishing and not working together in this calendar. TS-101 supports no webdav. I have found a workaround with scalp. (see http://pygmy.nfshost.com/software/scalp/ ) After installing it ical publishes (only) calendars via ftp. So I enabled ftp support on TS-101 and it works. But pulishing only.

This solution is ok so far. But much better would be TS-101 acting like an CALDAV server making it possible to use a fully featured iCal. Therefore I googled for CALDAV servers. Coming up with the following:

1. http://rscds.sourceforge.net/
2. http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/calendarserver

Does anyone has experience in running CALDAV with one of the solutions above or in some other way on the TS-10x/20x family?

Any advise or help is welcome.
Greetings,

schloessi

Config: TS-109Pro II, Netgear WNDR3700, IMac 20" 2,16GHz 2 GB RAM, Notebook Asus x64jv, Boxee Box
JoeMerchant
Starting out

WebDAV

Post by JoeMerchant »

I have also used webDAV for iCal publishing and found it pretty useful - especially when combined with a php iCal client that serves up the calendars as a web-page (for non-Mac users.)

In general, webDAV support would be a cool thing to have, not my top priority in any area (work or home), but still a good standard to implement if it's not a big effort for QNAP.
Till
New here

Re: CALDAV

Post by Till »

I agree, it would be very handy to have a Caldav feature in my TS-109Pro because I really dont't want to spend money on a .Mac account. I rather spend my money for fund hardware that is much more versatile than the original Apple .Mac account.
Harbinger
Starting out

Post by Harbinger »

CalDAV will be the future for many organizations in the same way Jabber servers have popped up for internal corporate IM. CalDAV would be a sweet feature if implemented.
409 Turbo Pro
2.1.2 build 1112T
ceddi
First post

Post by ceddi »

WebDav is becoming more and more popular for publishing calenders online. I missed the WebDav feature on my TS-209 Pro and was surprised
to see that my neu TS-409 Pro still lacks that possibility.

Does anybody have or know of a third party add on for my TS-409 Pro that will give me that functionality? I definately do not want to host my calender
on an external server and need a web based solution that would also allow Windows users to view my calender.
rory
Know my way around

Post by rory »

This should be a relatively easy hack. I'd like to have it on my 409 Pro as well. It is worth looking at the Linux forums for detail on how to add server applications. I'd be interested in working on this though my skills in this area would not rank much past intermediate.

Rory
ceddi wrote:WebDav is becoming more and more popular for publishing calenders online. I missed the WebDav feature on my TS-209 Pro and was surprised
to see that my neu TS-409 Pro still lacks that possibility.

Does anybody have or know of a third party add on for my TS-409 Pro that will give me that functionality? I definately do not want to host my calender
on an external server and need a web based solution that would also allow Windows users to view my calender.
iMac 27" i7 / OS X 10.6.5
TS-259 Pro / RAID 1 / 2 x 1T WD Black / 3.2.1 1231T
TS-410 / RAID 6 / 2 x 750GB + 2 x 500GB WD Black / 3.5.1 Build 1002T
SMCGS8P-Smart Switch
BerlinSnoop
Starting out

Post by BerlinSnoop »

Hello QNAP,

are any news about a CALDAV server?

Many Thanx for a quck response.

Andreasi
joshuafrfld701
First post

Post by joshuafrfld701 »

It is worth looking at the Linux forums for detail on how to add server applications. I'd be interested in working on this though my skills in this area would not rank much past intermediate. I'd be interested in working on this though my skills in this area would not rank much past intermediate.

Starting out

Post by chaa »

CalDav :mrgreen: +1

I NEED IT . . . :!: :!: :!:
Located in Paris France (English is'nt my 1st Langage as you guessed)
Model: TS-209 II running 3.1.0 Build 0708T
Clients:Win XP, Win 7 X64, OS 10.5.8 , OS 10.6
job: Architecte

Return to “Mac OS”