TS209 Pro installation / access issues

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
cssmrsmith
Starting out

TS209 Pro installation / access issues

Post by cssmrsmith »

I have just recieved my TS209 Pro today and am having difficulties setting it up. Installed two new Maxtor 250Gb drives okay, powered up loaded CD, installed QNAP Finder ok and up popped the NAS in Finder. Followed the instructions, changed admin password, changed IP to 192.168.0.180 went through rest of instructions all okay and rebooted at the end when told too.

Can now see the NAS in Finder showing the new IP, password works ok etc. yet if I try to connect through IE or Firefox I get a 404/index.html error page not found on this server.

Tried the reset button on the rear of the TS209 Pro and this alters the IP only but password remains the same. Should this not do a full factory reset? anyway still can't get any access onto the device. I can also ping the device and it shows up fine there as well with packets being recieved.

Can anyone please advise what to do next?

One final thing firmware is 1.1.0-0803T
QNAPRei
Been there, done that

Post by QNAPRei »

Hi cssmrsmith,

If your NAS and PC are connected to the same router, please enable DHCP on NAS and you should be able to access the server.

If you'd like to set a fixed IP for NAS (192.168.0.180 in your case), please make sure the subnet mask, default gateway, and the DNS server settings of your NAS and PC are the same. For example,
PC IP: 192.168.0.170
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

NAS IP: 192.168.0.180 (your case)
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

You may connect TS-209 Pro by direct connection to the PC via a network cable and configure the network settings.

Hope this helps.
Online Support Form: http://www.qnap.com/onlinesupport.asp
Support email: q_support@qnap.com.tw
MSN: q.support@hotmail.com
cssmrsmith
Starting out

Post by cssmrsmith »

Hi QNAPRei,

Thanks for your quick response, I should have said that I was connecting directly through my laptop previously, since your post I have tried on a Windows 2003 Domain and also my home network with the same results.

Also changed to getting the IP via DHCP and this makes no difference. Below is a couple of screenshots from the home network connection.

Can you please suggest anything else.

Many thanks
cssmrsmith
Starting out

Post by cssmrsmith »

Many thanks to QNAPVera and QNAPTiffany whom have both replied through here and also via Customer Support emails.

After following their instructions and installing the latest QNAP Finder program I was able to update to the latest firmware and I can now fully access my TS209Pro.

Thanks for your help and excellent customer support services once again.
lex
New here

connection problems

Post by lex »

I have the same problem. I cannot connect to the Admin page or to the shares via Vista explorer. FTP however does work.

Yesterday I upgraded to the latest firmware (1.1.2 Build 1012), but this didn't solve the problem.

I tried restarting/shutdown, but no success. I can ping my TS209pro and QNAP Finder also detects it.
QNAPRei
Been there, done that

Post by QNAPRei »

Hi Lex,

Pls try QNAP Finder Version 3.2.1 Build 1003 here. If that doesn't help, pls submit the online support form or e-mail our technical support q_support@qnap.com.tw.
Online Support Form: http://www.qnap.com/onlinesupport.asp
Support email: q_support@qnap.com.tw
MSN: q.support@hotmail.com

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”