WMA & Playlists - Problem of jumping to the music library

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
Blue
Starting out

WMA & Playlists - Problem of jumping to the music library

Post by Blue »

Hey,

I've found a bug while trying to create some nice playlists. First, .wma music files don't seem to be supported by the iTunes server. They don't show up in the library so cannot be played.

Secondly, when you would accidentally don't know about this problem... and you would create playlists using .wma files, then iTunes has the annoying habbit of jumping from your QNAP library to your local library without ever showing a single shared music file. I'm not sure but it's possible it happens with other music formats as well. Those supported are .mp3 and .m4a

So.. that solves another mystery to me :-)
Antony
New here

Re: WMA & Playlists - Problem of jumping to the music library

Post by Antony »

Blue wrote:Hey,

I've found a bug while trying to create some nice playlists. First, .wma music files don't seem to be supported by the iTunes server. They don't show up in the library so cannot be played.
iTunes does not play .wma files. The longer answer: On Windows platform, if you have unprotected WMA files and Windows Media Player 9, at the time you add/import .wma files into iTunes, iTunes will automatically convert it to AAC (or MP3, depending on your default setting).
koy
Getting the hang of things

Re: WMA & Playlists - Problem of jumping to the music library

Post by koy »

So what your saying is iTunes server dosn't really work.... :lol:

Back to adding folder to library without copying folders and files to local drive.
TS-509

Return to “Media Streaming”