Running in circles and can't get out

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
Toveropa
New here

Running in circles and can't get out

Post by Toveropa »

Hello qnap users.

My father and I are busy getting the webserver running on his qnap 209pro. He got his own website already running, but he wants several websites with their own domainname, but on his server. Oh god, my english is not that very good, so I hope I can make myself understandable.

We are pretty newbies in php and msql. I do have a little experience with HTML, but I don't need it. We've enabled msql and php in the configuration of the qnap 209pro. at the msql section we can click on a link " go to myPhpAdmin" ... we click and get an error

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I've reset the password and re-initialized the database, but still got the error message.

I'm doing something wrong, but I really can't find my problem. I've got the feeling that i'm in a circle and can't get out of it.

Do we need to install msql on the server? We did change the server name, it's not localhost, but when we change it back to localhost, we get a blank page after clicking the link in the msql section.

We'd really appreciate if someone could help us in to the right direction. We did get joomla running, but we have no idea how we could set this joomla site as his prior site.

Please help

Miranda and her father
L3kris
Know my way around

Re: Running in circles and can't get out

Post by L3kris »

About the several websites with their own domainnames, check this out: http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=527

About the phpMyAdmin, I believe the password for the user "root" is "admin". Once you're in, you should go to privileges and change this password as well as create new users and passwords with them.

And let it stay at "localhost". That means that only your TS can access the database. Meaning that any webpage - be it Joomla or anything else - use the same database server as the web server they are on. Hope that makes sense.

Hope this helps.
TS-219
FW:3.3.0

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”