Power blackout reset my QNAP

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
noski

Power blackout reset my QNAP

Post by noski »

I filled out an online support form but have not received a reply so I'll try here.

The other night I had a power blackout. When the power came back on I switched my QNAP TS-209 Pro back on. Then on my computer, I went to access my Network Drives which gave me an error. Next I tried the web interface - no good. Finally I tried QNAP Finder - it found it but it says its not configured and do I want to set it up?

This is very worrying! Where has the configuration gone? Is all my data still there?

Can someone in QNAP support please explain what happened to my configuration and how can I get it back?
QNAPRei
Been there, done that

Post by QNAPRei »

Hi noski,

Sorry for the problems you had. Do you remember what services were running on your TS-209 Pro when the power was out? When did you contact our technical support? You may pm me your info and I'll check with our technical support for you.
Online Support Form: http://www.qnap.com/onlinesupport.asp
Support email: q_support@qnap.com.tw
MSN: q.support@hotmail.com
faricci
New here

Re: Power blackout reset my QNAP

Post by faricci »

Hello,

I resume this old post because it is happened also to me just this morning on my TS-219P Turbo.

Last yesterday after two or three blackouts I turned off the NAS from the button (for security). This morning I went for turn on the NAS and access to it, but I wasn't able. The NAS has changed own IP and with telnet I cannot find any directory or files created by me. I think it has reset itself to factory settings. The RAID partition was linear and not mirrored.

I know I had to set mirrored hds and put the NAS near UPS, but I didn't (I will if I recover all things). I guess data are still there, I don't think a blackout can burns two HDs.

So I am wondering if anyone experienced the same problem? How can I recover files and folder without lose data? Can I upgrade firmware or (if I find it) restore the backup config file without lost data accidentally ?

Thank you in advance to anyone can suggest me a solution
Fabiano
noski

Post by noski »

Hi Fabiano, QNAP support were able to fix my issue. All my data was still there, but I think I lost my configuraiton information (things like servername, timezone, stuff like that) which was no big deal. Sounds like this may be the case for you as well. Raise a support ticket with QNAP and I am sure they will be able to help you out. Good luck!

noski.
faricci
New here

Post by faricci »

Hi Noski,

The support has contacted me and has re-built the raid table as previous configured. Luckly I had a config backup in the NAS so after seen again the files I was able also to restore the previous configuration.

Thank you for you reply
Cheers!
Fabiano

Return to “Miscellaneous”