stream audio via internet

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
jniekel
Starting out

stream audio via internet

Post by jniekel »

Hi there,

I've got a ts-101 with twonky enabled. In my local network it works great. My favorite programs, windows media player, winamp and itunes pick up the ts without a problem.
Now i want to do the same but on a other location, for example my work.
I've setup winamp etc. and want to connect to my nas and have it to load my music in the same way as my local network.

I've seen some options in twonky, but i believe that's more for hardware players like the philips streamium.

also i think i can work around it to make a share on my work pc to the ts-101 and feed it to the software players.

My question is, is it possible to make the software players read directly from the nas without these workarounds.
do i need to make special settings to twonky?
can i feed the programs my, static, ipadress?

I've tried to search for information but could'nt find it. Am i overlooking something or is it just not possible?

Any info about the subject would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Job
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi Jniekel,

Twonky media server is made for streaming within home network only. As for streaming over internet, it is currently in our list for the next big update so stay tuned!

Andy
=============================================================>>>
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
=============================================================>>>
stigbm
New here

Post by stigbm »

Hi Andy,

I'm also very interested in being able to access the media content on my TS-109 by streaming over the internet. Currently the Media Server only lets you open the songs one by one from the internet, and as I understand from your answer streaming is not yet possible.

Do you know when you plan to have something ready?

I've tried to use ORB (http://www.orb.com) from my pc and that seems to work very nice - you can open a stream in Windows Media Player, Real Player or WinAmp. Something like that would be great on the QNAP drive!

And of course... thanks for making such a great NAS drive :-)

Stig

Return to “Media Streaming”