iTunes problem with latest patch

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
merrimack
New here

iTunes problem with latest patch

Post by merrimack »

Hello,

I updated my qnap TS-101 today to version 2.1.1-telnet. Unfortunately it broke my itunes server. It's visible as a "share" in itunes but when i try to list the tracks it's just loading for about 30 seconds before it fails without any messages. I've got about 15000 songs on there. Hope you can release an update quickly, apart from this I am extremly happy with my qnap :)

Keep up the good work!
Peace!
QNAPIvan
Experience counts

Post by QNAPIvan »

merrimack:
I just updated my TS-101 at home with latest firmware version and I turned on again my iTunes program but didn't find the same issue.
Please submit your environment to tech support form, let our support team help you.

Cheers,
USA Technical Support: +1 909 595 2782
merrimack
New here

Post by merrimack »

mt-daapd.config

web_root /home/httpd
port 3689
mp3_dir /share/Qmultimedia
admin_pw qwer
tag_encode CP437
servername NASARET
runas administrator
playlist /etc/mt-daapd.playlist
extensions .mp3,.m4a,.m4p,.aif,.wav
db_dir /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.db_dir
rescan_interval 5
scan_type 0
always_scan 0
process_m3u 1
compress 0

It responds on port 3689 when i telnet etc. I run tunes 7.4.2 on OSX 10.4.10 on a brand new Intel iMac 24" (2.8ghz, 2Gb ram, 500gb hd).
The NAS is connected to my Linksys router which is connected to a 3Com switch where my computer is hooked up. It's really weird because everything worked really well before i upgraded the NAS. I'll try to downgrade it and see if that helps, at least then we know something is fishy with the new version.
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi merrimack,

We strongly suggest that if you don't currently have any problems listed in the change log of the new version firmware it is not necessary to do the updates.

Andy
=============================================================>>>
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
=============================================================>>>
Kaisch
Starting out

Re: iTunes problem with latest patch

Post by Kaisch »

merrimack wrote:Hello,

I updated my qnap TS-101 today to version 2.1.1-telnet. Unfortunately it broke my itunes server. It's visible as a "share" in itunes but when i try to list the tracks it's just loading for about 30 seconds before it fails without any messages. I've got about 15000 songs on there. Hope you can release an update quickly, apart from this I am extremly happy with my qnap :)

Keep up the good work!
Peace!

Hi All,

have the same problem as well, only a downgrade to older firmware solves the problem. The newest beta firmware didn't solve it, too....

I tried on several Workstations and with different Itunes Version.
Vista 64
XP Pro
MAC OS X 10.4
TS-101 with 250 GB HDD

Hope for a fix soon,

Thx and greetings from Hamburg
Germany
Kaisch
Starting out

Post by Kaisch »

Hello there,

i found maybe something, i deleted all my folders in my Qmultimedia folder an than
started copying the music folders back to the nas.

After i copied 25 folders (with some subfolders "artist" / "albumname") itunes was still able to access the nas.
But after some several more folders the access stops. Only solution so far, delete some folders.

During testing i reached "my limit" 67 Folders (including 106 Subfolders) / 9 GB Data
= Itunes can access the nas and shows 9 playlist.

It only concerns the "Share" part. When you use the libary, you can uses as many folders as you want in qmultimedia.

I was able to try it on a TS-101 with latest firmware and on an TS-109 with firmware 1.1.3(1101T)
I have a Netgear 5 port gigabit Switch between NAS and 3 Workstations
It doesn't matter if i use XP pro or Vista Ultimate
I tried also different Itunes Versions

maybe this helps qnap narrow the problem down.

greetings from Hamburg / Germany
kaisch
Kai.

Model: TVS-673e 16GB FW: 4.3.6 0895 Build: 20190328
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaisch
Starting out

Workaround found

Post by Kaisch »

I found a Workaround, i delted all my playlist on the qmultimedia folder.(didn't use them anyway!)
Now the share is accessiable again....

Cheers
Kaisch
Kai.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bobsta
Starting out

Post by bobsta »

Hi Kaisch,

Could you explain what you mean by "deleting all playlists in qmultimedia folder" please?

I'm having the same issue. I set my TS-209 up yesterday and loaded it with the latest (beta) firmware in order to use the improved Torrent client.

Today I loaded in my existing mp3 library (100GB worth) and can't browse it in iTunes. I get the same behaviour as you - it's listed but when you select it iTunes tries to connect and then just gives up after 10-15secs.

When you say delete playlists, do you mean remove *iTunes* playlists from the XML files... or.... ? ... any help would be appreciated by me and I'm sure many others looking for a solution to this!

Thanks,

Bobsta
bobsta
Starting out

Post by bobsta »

Update... I *think* I may have worked out what you mean... I've removed any .m3u files from my collection and so far everything is working well (still copying the full library over though).

Thanks for the tip.
Kaisch
Starting out

Post by Kaisch »

bobsta wrote:Update... I *think* I may have worked out what you mean... I've removed any .m3u files from my collection and so far everything is working well (still copying the full library over though).
Thanks for the tip.
Hi Bobsta,

sorry i wasn't watching this post anymore :-)

But you did it right !
Delete the .m3u files.

Maybe the problem is now solved with one of the firmware which where released in the meantime
but i havent tested it since my post....

Greetings
Kai
Kai.

Raihne
New here

Post by Raihne »

Very nice problem fix ... deleting the .m3u files fixed the problem for me aswell ! thanks allot !

Return to “Media Streaming”