automatic loging with ssa from TS-109 to mac

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
dirk
First post

automatic loging with ssa from TS-109 to mac

Post by dirk »

Could you please help me with this issue? I would like to login from the TS-109 to the mac using ssh with rsa-Authentification.

I have copied the public key to the 'authorized_keys fiel on teh mac, but ssh continues to ask me for a password.

This is the Key, I have copied:
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEA7IP023Bk8JBywBY4fi9WB35qGvO5fo07gA6g5D8bEOyVd34N4g55dt9oVd6+VO7UNH489RW/1OiqUYKZ+1PGWMRpeMnbes+cx4pGddX6mfag/3mwJfPRmJdxl4bAGMtt9jw/H2fVfUVnsP4zf++Bza2t8dX+6qXhw6GDMXvKKT8PXs2CswC8JBqlHI5//63pPYtktrS6qGPwxtCzMIpXM9dq5p3pVqe4ug2MYdAKkAx5MZsG0i0uICUCLyMUsw6aZCbgkrPWYz5hCIWcQ5K/Zf+UdI6zFExsZkoONT3L3XzuBDBZffwk5LBJOLRzM92rIpPqS6DeG49QU9E+co4uQw== admin@TS-209-J
ronc
Getting the hang of things

Re: automatic loging with ssa from TS-109 to mac

Post by ronc »

This works on a TS-209 (1.1.5 firmware) from a FC5 linux box (rsa only though; seems the ARM ssh does not support dsa).

I don't know what OSX provides, but you could try installing the public key using ssh too. After generating your keypair on the client, do:

Code: Select all

ssh-copy-id -i <pub_key> admin@<name or id>
where <pub_key> is the path+name you gave when the keypair were generated (normally ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub unless you changed it) and <name or IP> is your TS-?09 box. Be sure the permissions on the corresponding private key are set -rw------- as some ssh's are rightly sensitive about this.

You will be asked for the admin password during this, but afterwards, you can ssh into the admin account with no challenge (provided you did not include a passphrase when you generated the keypair).

There is -STILL- the annoying 21 second delay during the connection exchange though (see my post on ssh connection delays).

RonC

Return to “Miscellaneous”