Read only access on network shares

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
martinb
New here

Read only access on network shares

Post by martinb »

I have installed my QNAP 109 pro on Windows XP professional, set up several folders for different users and mapped these drives to the users. Users log on as part of a workgroup and can access the shares from My computer.

However when I try open word documents from the network folder they are always set as read only unless I change the guest permissions to full access, so obviously I'm being logged on as a guest even though I have admin rights at the moment (the only way to get Quickbooks to work).

Simple file sharing is turned off. I've tried adding uers to the permissions from windows for the share, can add myself as a user, but each time I try to change the permissions on the network share to full I get an access denied message from windows saying unable to change permissions on the server. This is the same whether I'm logged on as Admin to the PC or as a user with Admin rights.

The settings for my file share on the TS-109 are set to full. Do I need NFS turned on and what should I put in the domain box if it is (I've tried it on and off with no difference).

Or is there something obvious that I'm missing.

Everything else seems to work fine.

Martin
Martin
Permand_DK
First post

Re: Read only access on network shares

Post by Permand_DK »

I experienced a similar problem with my TS-109. I map my Vista computer to my Qmultimedia share, where I have my music for my Squeezebox. If I want to change the tagging of the files I recieve a message that it is not possible. When I use the explorer in Vista the rights they are set to "read only" eventhough I have set "Full access" to all users in the QNAP administration page.

Return to “File Sharing”