Problem with Chinese torrent files

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
xilian
Starting out

Problem with Chinese torrent files

Post by xilian »

Hello,
One of the reasons I brought TS-209 was to "replace" my computer downloading Hong Kong drama. Now It ssems like I've got problem to do that. The most of the torrents won't start at all...

Dump diagnostics information shows this:

Download task: [¡ïµÚ¢Þ¸ÐÔ­´´¡ï][tvbÁ¬Ðø¾ç][À¼»¨½Ù][ÔÁÓïÖÐ×Ö][dvd-rmvb][È«¼¯´ò°ü].torrent
Size: 4257.34 MB
Percent: 0.0 %
Download Totals: 0.0 MB
Upload Total: 0.0 MB
Share Time: 0 hr
Start Time: Fri Sep 14 02:00:49 2007
ERROR:UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 49: ordinal not in range(128)

Is it a problem in QDownload? Any suggestions?

The files works in uTorrent (which i a great BitTorrent Client by the way, it even has a pretty nice WebGUI which I think you guys at QNAP should look at if you haven't already. It will give you some ideas on how to improve QDownload).
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi Xilian,

We are currently looking at this problem and will soon confirm whether or not it is a bug in Qdownload as for correctly handling Chinese characters in the torrent file name. One thing you could try is to update the firmware of your
QNAP product and see if it fixes the problem. Please kindly advice us if do solve it.

uTorrent is, without questions, one of the best torrent client. As for Qdownload, We are constantly improving the functionalities as well as adding more features since its first release. Thanks for the comments and expect for a better version of it soon in its future release.
xilian
Starting out

Post by xilian »

Updating the firmware was the first thing I did after receiving the device... So that didn't help.

I can send you some torrent files with the problems if you can't recreate the problem.
onv
First post

Downloading Chinese Bittorent

Post by onv »

[quote="xilian"]Updating the firmware was the first thing I did after receiving the device... So that didn't help.
=============================================

First of all, I am extremely disappointed with the product, I am a Chinese live in Australia over 30 years and I am embarassed to tell my friend this is a chinese product and doesn't work.
China 's economic has gradually grown to be known to and capture the attention of the western world. However to many many others in the world, chinese still make cheap quality products. Why can't we prove they are wrong but instead we keep repeating it.

This TS109, was a good idea but it doesn't seems to download anything so far. Especially the chinese bittorent. The TS109 costs me and the 4 friends $370AU each. I feel ** convincing them to get one and found out it doesn't work properly. So far none could get it to successfully download . And yes, we know about the firmware upgradeSo far it makes no different to a harddisk enclosure which I could get for $40AUS.

Question: How could the company start selling the product to the world before making sure it works probably?

Advice: I suggest the tech support put a bit more time in testing, such as go onto the internet and try a few bittorent sites and test it again other bittorrent clients like Azureus, works extremely well. The come up with a major fix to most of the issue found by the users ASAP. Otherwise do a total recall to admit the product is not working. Learn from your mistake instead of keep on selling a faulty product and put chinese in shame further.

It's not a cheap product, and words travel fast on the internet which allow people to tell all how ** the product is and it's a chinese product. Eventhough this is TAIWAN but still known as chinese to the world.

Regards
QNAPIvan
Experience counts

Post by QNAPIvan »

Dear onv:
Thanks for valuable comments,
The filename of torrent file should not be related to the issue. We did the test by using torrent files with Chinese filename before, but without issues found.

Can you provide the torrent file to me, I can try to duplicate the issue on my NAS.

ivanhsu@qnap.com

Cheers,
USA Technical Support: +1 909 595 2782
xilian
Starting out

Post by xilian »

QNAPIvan wrote:Dear onv:
Thanks for valuable comments,
The filename of torrent file should not be related to the issue. We did the test by using torrent files with Chinese filename before, but without issues found.

Can you provide the torrent file to me, I can try to duplicate the issue on my NAS.

ivanhsu@qnap.com

Cheers,
Not been using the NAS for download at all so I forgot about this problem...

I still got the same torrent file, but I'm not able to recreate the problem now. Tried both with and with out DHT. I'm using Western Europe/Latin 1 filename encoding. I've upgraded the firmware to version 1.1.2 build 1009T sinc the problem surfaced the last time. Could that have solved the problem?

It seems to work no anyways, I'll send you the file in case you want to try.
Maybe I'll try downloading some files via the NAS later...
QNAPIvan
Experience counts

Post by QNAPIvan »

Dear Xilian
Please send me the torrent file, I will duplicate it on my NAS.

Thanks

Cheers,
QNAPIvan
Experience counts

Post by QNAPIvan »

Dear Xilian
I just replied your mail with my screen capture. I tried the torrent you gave you.
The download runs well on my NAS.

The avg speed is 80 KB/s around.

Please check your settings:

(1) If you have forwarded the BT port range on your NAT router to the LAN IP address of your NAS? or You have enabled the UPnP auto-port forwarding and enable the UPnP on your router?

(2) Go to Network Settings > TCP/IP Configuration Did you input the Default Gateway? Should be your NAT router's IP address.
Did you configure the DNS IP? (ex: Pri: 168.95.1.1 , sec: 168.95.192.1)

Please let me know if it works there.
Cheers,

Return to “Download Station and QGet”