TS-109 vs TS-209

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
mr_infinity
New here

TS-109 vs TS-209

Post by mr_infinity »

I am concerned about the issue of cooling fan vs no fan. Does anyone have any experiences to offer?

Am considering a setup to replace my existing Buffalo solution but the no fan configuration on the TS-109 (or pro) concerns me a bit. Only reason to replace the existing (single disk) setup is expanded capacity and better out-of-box support for the software I already am running (Twonky, Apache, PHP apps, etc.). QNAP fits well on these points.

Thanks in advance for your efforts and consideration.
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi Mr. Infinity,

Thanks for considering our product as the first choice for your replacement.

Regarding to your concerns on whether the fanless design will generate the problem we commonly see eg. overheating I attached an article from our site describing how our fanless design on TS-109 work and the benefits you gain since it already serves all your requirements so far.

Although TS-109 supports one additional eSATA for drive expandability TS-209 does the same job but takes much less rooms in its 2 bay design for only a little extra in price. You might wanna look into TS-209/Pro as well.

Below are two comparison tables for our one and two bay product series in details just for your information.

QNAP TS-109 Series vs TS-100, TS-101

QNAP TS-209 Series vs TS-201

Return to “Presales”