Multiple targets on one USB port

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
teli
New here

Multiple targets on one USB port

Post by teli »

Quick question

Can you attach 2 disk on the same USB port ?
There are external chassis with only on USB ports but multiple disk behind that port.

for example:
http://www.stardom.com.tw/sohotank%20st3620.htm

/Terje
teli
New here

Post by teli »

I'm new to linux embeded and haven't found something like a /etc/modules.conf, is there a similair file in the QNAP ?
I currently own a TS-109 running 1.1.2, but I have also tested 1.1.1.

The cip in the box is a JM20336 which supports what they call "Support Dual LUN of USB Mass Storage Class", do you support that.

Please respond
teli
New here

Post by teli »

14 days and not a word, hurray !

Makes you wonder.
fitbrit
New here

Post by fitbrit »

A pity you're not getting any replies, as I want to know the same thing. SOme enclosures house mulitple disks with one USB connection. I'm assuming they're running some soft/firmware internally to appear as one big disk (there are a number of 1 TB drives that are really 2 x 500GB disks in one unit). Can these be recognised as their full 1 TB capacity with the QNAP TS 201?

I hope so, 'cos otherwise I think I'm going to make an UnRAID sever and sell my QNAP next year. I'm using up more and more space daily and it won't be long before my 6 TB is full and I'll be looking to expand further.
QNAPRei
Been there, done that

Post by QNAPRei »

The support of multiple USB drives connection to a single USB port is in our testing plan. We'll announce the test results when they're released. Stay tuned.
Online Support Form: http://www.qnap.com/onlinesupport.asp
Support email: q_support@qnap.com.tw
MSN: q.support@hotmail.com
fitbrit
New here

Re: Multiple targets on one USB port

Post by fitbrit »

This was two months ago. Come on, QNAP, all the sales have come and gone and we're still waiting to know the answers.
balder
New here

Post by balder »

Hi,
I have just connected Stardom ST3620-2S-B2 (JBOD on USB) and can just confirm that QNAP TS-209 (2.0.1 Build 0324T) only see 1 USB disk. I'm looking forward to hear from QNAP about the plans to support USB JBOD. These devices are getting more and more popular.
thanks
balder
New here

Post by balder »

Lucky for me, my Tvix M-6500A supports USB JBOD with no problem. I hope QNAP adds this support also.
swlkw97
Starting out

Post by swlkw97 »

I recently bought a Sans Digital dual HDD JBOD case. I thought it would recognize as two drives in the QNAP USB port but no such luck. Anyone at QNAP know when a firmware update will include the capability to utilize two drive in one USB port? Seems more and more QNAP owners are interested.

swlkw97

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”