Sharing folder problem

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
ronald
New here

Sharing folder problem

Post by ronald »

Dear All,

I've had some problem in sharing folder with my 209-Pro.

I've create a share-folder with the Web admin tools, and grant access to the folder with newly setup user-group.

When I try to access the share folder with \\192.168.100.11\sharefolder, I can see the folder, and sub-directory but cannot see the files inside ..

First I think it has something to do with the file ownership or file attribute, so change them to belong the group everyone and also change all the access attribute to rw-rw-rw ... but still cannot see it with window client.

I can see the files when I actually manage with Web-File manager.

Please advice what maybe the cause of that and how to fix it.

Regards

Ronald
ronald
New here

Fixes

Post by ronald »

Here is some work out I've found, but not knowing why exactly it help. And I wish this may help any of you having the same problem like me.

I find the I need to change the access attribute of the files to rwxrw-rw- and then the shared folder can reveal the file inside the folder. I don't understand why I need to grant the executable permission before the share folder can reveal the files, but anyway it fix my problem. To those who understand the rationale behind me, you're welcome to just reply me with a short note. Thanks.

BTW, my windows machine is running Vista Home edition.

Ronald
glenleen
First post

same problem

Post by glenleen »

Hi I have the same problem. When I connect my USB drive to the TS-209 and copy it, I see the files in Web/file browser in Qusb. But in Windows Explorer it looks like the maps are empty. On the propery of the map you can see there files in the map, but there are not shown in the right pane.

Can you help me ?
sal-e
Starting out

Post by sal-e »

Hi ronald,

In Unix/Linux file system attribute 'x' means 'execute' for normal file and 'browse' for the directory. If you have 'r' only for directory you still can read the file inside the directory, but you can not list the files inside the directory.

I do not why Qnap do not set 'x' flags automatically for all directories. I have experience similar problem when I have not configure SAMBA correctly. That is why I would recommend to take a close look of 'smb.conf' file. You can find it inside '/mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/' (on my TS-109pro). You can use 'find / -name smb.conf' command to find where is the smb.conf on TS-209.

http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/man ... onf.5.html

I hope this info will help you to find solution.

Good luck,
SAL-e
Qnap TS-109pro (3.1.0 build 0708T) / 500GB (WD5000AAKS)

Return to “File Sharing”