Multimedia

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
marribo
First post

Multimedia

Post by marribo »

Hi,

Please tell me. I have all my pictures in sub folders and want to add them as thumbnails into the media station, so far I can only add them one at a time. Am I doing something wrong, there must be an easier way to add 1000 odd photos.

kent
QNAP Staff

Post by kent »

You can copy photos to Qmultimedia share via Windows network neightborhood or ftp.
I am Kent. Nice to meet you!
poonyc
First post

Post by poonyc »

no ...
i know what he means...because i have the same problems...

he means the photos putting in different subfolders....
we want upload the photo in the subfolders...then TS-109 can simply helps us to create the album list....
without adding create the album folder one by one
InfoHog
Starting out

batch upload existing folders

Post by InfoHog »

There is a better way than creating them manually one by one and adding one by one..

Use your explorer's Map Drive function to link to the QMultimedia folder on the NAS. And as long as you use any login which has write acces s(like admin), you can just mass copy and paste your folders and files.

And then when you login through the web interface, they will all be listed. I think it takes some time to generate the thumbnails and stuff so if you have thousands of files, it may take a while to show up.

So I solved that prblem and the other problem I'll have to post for separately or hopefully will see a thread after with the solution :)

I can log in remotely through the Qmultimedia folder. When I use any other login (other than admin) which have read & write access to the Qmultimedia folder, I can't get pass the login page; it won't access my login name & pswd :(
Version 3.1.0 build 0708T (Static IP)
Services: QMultimedia, Download Stn
HDD: Seagate ST3750640AS 7200.10 750 GB, and Seagate Free agent 750,
Other: Linksys WRT54GL router, firmware 1.1
Network Config: 100 Mbps, MTU: 1500
WinXP, English

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”