Alert mails / swap space

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
TheEnvoy
Know my way around

Alert mails / swap space

Post by TheEnvoy »

Hi,

I got 2 requests this time, I hope you can consider them.

1. I would like to use the mail feature to get warnings and alerts. But it won't work. I looked up an IP address of my mail provider and tried to use it, I also checked the settings all over, but it still wouldn't work. I think the problem is that my mail provider expects to use his smtp dns and not some IP, to then direct the traffic with a load balancer.

So my request would be to use a dns entry field rather than a single ip adress.

2. This thread regarding memory upgrade got me thinking if it would be possible to add an option for swap space. If it would be on the internal or an external drive doesn't seem to matter for me. Maybe one could then use an external more easly

thanks
TheEnvoy
Think! :idea: Search :!: Ask :?:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- B. Franklin

// TS-409 Pro - Debian Lenny
// TS-109 Pro / FW: 1.1.1 0831 (offline)
QNAPJeffrey
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPJeffrey »

Hi TheEnvoy,

Request 1: QNAP are working on it. We will support input domain name for SMTP server in next release version for TS-109/209 Series.

Please stay tuned for the announcement from QNAP.

Request 2: It's interesting idea. Thanks for your valuable input. It was not in our original roadmap but we will take this great idea into consideration for future enhancement.

Cheer
msteele
Starting out

Post by msteele »

QNAPJeffrey wrote:Hi TheEnvoy,

Request 1: QNAP are working on it. We will support input domain name for SMTP server in next release version for TS-109/209 Series.

Please stay tuned for the announcement from QNAP.

Request 2: It's interesting idea. Thanks for your valuable input. It was not in our original roadmap but we will take this great idea into consideration for future enhancement.

Cheer
Will the SMTP domain name feature be supported on the TS-101?

Mark
Nobo
Getting the hang of things

Post by Nobo »

QNAPJeffrey wrote:Hi TheEnvoy,

Cheer
That's very interesting. I also wanted to have additional memory on board.
If it is possible, I want to have SWAP space and debian chroot environment on USB memory, so that this will reduce HDD spinup, and make the system response faster!

Return to “Features Wanted”