NetBak Replicator features I miss...

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
StardustOne
Know my way around

NetBak Replicator features I miss...

Post by StardustOne »

Hi,

please consider adding the following features for the NetBak Replicator:

1. Generation backup concept (it is not wise to backup everything on top of the previous backup)

2. improve the monitoring feature (I ended up with files that did never backup by using this)

3. make the Netback Replicator window sizable (I cannot see long file names and paths, this makes the restore process very inconvenient because you do not se where the stuff is)

4. reduce cpu load when doing monitoring

5. Fix the issue with the restore to original path where I was not able to restore the previously created backup to the original path under documents and settings (using the beta, it was really confusing) with windows xp. I ended up with restoring all files under my documents and settings user in a new user subfolder with another documents and settings and had to move all my music, my pictures and so on files manually back to the original path. This was very frustrating and confusing.

6. Please group all the settings at one place, they are spreaded all over at the moment, this makes it very inconvenient to change the settings. An options and settings tab would be a good idea to group all the settings at one place.

7. Improve the user interface, it is not very logical the way it is. The entire setup process for the Netbak Replicator is confusing.

8. Most annoying: the Software should not warn me if the server is not there when i start my pc, at least not with dialogs that I have to confirm, I usually don't start the server when I use my pc. I always get the message from Netbak Replicator that my server could not be found if it is offline (I want it to be online when I do backups) or at least give us an option to turn off the message dialog. I know that I can turn off the automatic loading at startup for the Netbak Replicator (but I don't know where, once again group all the settings at one dialog panel, please).

I hope someone could address these topics in the next upgrade. It would really help me a lot with my backup and restore tasks.

Best regards,
StardustOne (Switzerland)
jackhix777
First post

Post by jackhix777 »

I would add:

- Bandwidth throttling
- FQDN for QNAP NAS field in addition to IP address
- Encryption

Basically, these are the features which would enable backups from remote PC's over the internet.

Return to “Features Wanted”