Firmware Upgrade Questions...

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
3oh6

Firmware Upgrade Questions...

Post by 3oh6 »

I just downloaded the new 1.1.1 Build 0831 firmware for my TS-109 Pro and have followed the process to update it. I know it is suppose to take a while but for the last half hour, the page has simply been refreshing at the following screen:

it just refreshes the page every 10 seconds and like i said, has been doing this for the last half hour or more. should it take this long or is there an issue. i just don't want to interrupt the process if there isn't an issue.

TIA for any help.
jed30
New here

Hanging on screen updating process....

Post by jed30 »

I get the same message (see below). It just keeps on saying:-

Updating process Status
Analyzing : Proceeding...
Updating kernel: Waiting...
Updating file system: Waiting...

I have left this for a few hours and it remains unchanged.

Anyone managed to resolve this?
kent
QNAP Staff

Post by kent »

From user manual in "Check System Status" section.

In update f/w, during process the status is blinking in green and red alternatively.
After finish, the status is green, and you can hear long "beep" twice.

Please check the status led, if it is green, I think the update was OK and finished.
I don't know why the wab page still in waiting... page.
But I think that you can restart your system manually.
I am Kent. Nice to meet you!
3oh6

Post by 3oh6 »

sorry, i don't recall the lights on my system during the flash but i left it for hours with no further progress so i just shut the unit down and powered it back up without issues. the flash didn't occur though. all i did was re-ran the quick setup as i remembered it asking for the image of the firmware to use and pointed it to the new firmware file and it went without a hitch.

now a new problem since the update which i will search for here before starting a thread...with the TS-109 Pro turned on and active on my local network,

My Network Places > Entire Network > Microsoft Windows Network > network name...shows no systems on the network, WinXP Pro SP2. all mapped drives work fine, mapping a new folder on a network system including the TS-109 Pro works fine but when 'Exploring' the network through My Network Places, all systems on the network disappear. As soon as I turn the TS-109 Pro off and refresh, all other systems show up instantly. this just started with the new 1.1.1 Build 0831 firmware.
Jowi

Post by Jowi »

3oh6 wrote: My Network Places > Entire Network > Microsoft Windows Network > network name...shows no systems on the network, WinXP Pro SP2. all mapped drives work fine, mapping a new folder on a network system including the TS-109 Pro works fine but when 'Exploring' the network through My Network Places, all systems on the network disappear. As soon as I turn the TS-109 Pro off and refresh, all other systems show up instantly. this just started with the new 1.1.1 Build 0831 firmware.
Hi 3oh6,

i have nearly the same problem after the update to the latest FW. Under Windows Vista the TS-109 disappear in my netwok places. Look at my threat:

http://forum.qnap.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=128

Joachim
kent
QNAP Staff

Post by kent »

Jowi wrote:
3oh6 wrote: My Network Places > Entire Network > Microsoft Windows Network > network name...shows no systems on the network, WinXP Pro SP2. all mapped drives work fine, mapping a new folder on a network system including the TS-109 Pro works fine but when 'Exploring' the network through My Network Places, all systems on the network disappear. As soon as I turn the TS-109 Pro off and refresh, all other systems show up instantly. this just started with the new 1.1.1 Build 0831 firmware.
Hi 3oh6,

i have nearly the same problem after the update to the latest FW. Under Windows Vista the TS-109 disappear in my netwok places. Look at my threat:

http://forum.qnap.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=128

Joachim
We are checking this issue, thanks for your feedback.
If still have other question, please let us know, thanks.
I am Kent. Nice to meet you!
martenk
New here

I also have this problem

Post by martenk »

I have also have the problem of having the TS-109 disappear in Network places after upgrading firmware to version 1.1.1. build 0831T. I really hope somebody at QNAP are looking at this issue...
StuT
Starting out

Post by StuT »

Bought my TS-109 today and immediately upgraded to the latest firmware v1.1.1 build 0831. Big mistake as I also have the same SMB issue.

Hope QNAP fix this soon.

Stuart
QNAPRei
Been there, done that

Post by QNAPRei »

You may try this hotfix firmware released today.
Online Support Form: http://www.qnap.com/onlinesupport.asp
Support email: q_support@qnap.com.tw
MSN: q.support@hotmail.com

Return to “Miscellaneous”