Problem with the second torrent. Please help.

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
Teddy
Starting out

Problem with the second torrent. Please help.

Post by Teddy »

Hi I am trying to DL a second torrent.
But every torrent I try even if I try from the same tracker as the first torrent or the test torrent posted in another thread on this forum, will be listed in with "FAIL" even though the diagnostic show this:
Dump Diagnostic Information:
Download task: Fedora-8-Test-2-x86_64.torrent
Size: 0.0 MB
Percent: 0 %
Download Totals: 0.0 MB
Upload Total: 0.0 MB
Share Time: 0 hr
Start Time: Wed Oct 3 22:46:15 2007
No Error!

So do any one have any idea what I am doing wrong, or why I could download one torrent and the next get posted as a fail?

P.S:
port forwarding etc. is in order.
max download is set to 10.
The issue is found in both the official firmware and the beta firmware.

Please help me
Teddy

(Sorry for bad/misspelled English)
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi Teddy,

I am forwarding you to the Technical Support right now, they will be able to help you on that very soon.

Andy
=============================================================>>>
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
Teddy
Starting out

Post by Teddy »

Thank you Andy. :)
schloessi
Starting out

Post by schloessi »

Hi,

this is my first post in the forum.

I own a TS-101 since Oct 2006 and am fully satisfied with it´s functions.

Now I read this thread and have to say that I have the same Problem. Maybe it´s possible to post the solution?

Thx for your help in advance.

edit: The Problem occurs only if I want to download 2 or more torrents at a time. One of the torrents is displayed fully functional and will download, but the other ones stats are displayed as 0 0 0 0 0 0.
Last edited by schloessi on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings,

schloessi

Config: TS-109Pro II, Netgear WNDR3700, IMac 20" 2,16GHz 2 GB RAM, Notebook Asus x64jv, Boxee Box
QNAPIvan
Experience counts

Post by QNAPIvan »

Dear Teddy
I tested the same thing (tried the demo torrent :http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ ).

When I download the latest torrent, no problem at all. (Fedora-8-Test-3-Live-x86_64.torrent)
But when I download the older torrent which you did, the Download Station reports fail. (Fedora-8-Test-2-x86_64.torrent, also reported as ERROR when dump the info)

Can you try to download the newer one?(Fedora-8-Test-3-Live-x86_64.torrent)
Besides, I wonder if the older torrent can be downloaded by other PC-based client? anybody can help to try it?

PS: did you corectly set up the default gateway in your NASes' TCP/IP setting? (If not, please fill it in with your NAT router's LAN IP address)

Cheers,
USA Technical Support: +1 909 595 2782
Teddy
Starting out

Post by Teddy »

Hi Ivan.

First of all I know Andy has been working directly on my box. and have tested serval torrents. But I did try to do as you told me and started the Fedora-8-Test-3-Live-x86_64 torrent. But it still don't start as expected, but it does not repport "FAIL" in status either.

Should I try to downgrade the firmware to 1.0.0? to see if the bug is there too? (consult with Andy first as he has worked a lot with my box and in my mind have a good idea of what the problem is)

/Teddy
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi Teddy,

guess i overlooked something really simple..

here you go, on your administration page for download station click on 'setconfig' for the popup
inside the popup under 'Bittorrent port range', try to make the port range bigger because every single download will occupy one port and that's it.

let me know if it helps

Andy
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Teddy
Starting out

Post by Teddy »

Hi Andy.

Sorry it did not make any difference. (I gave it a range of 1000 ports)

It still react in the same way as before.

/Teddy
Teddy
Starting out

Post by Teddy »

Hi again.

I have fiddled around a bit, and it seems that I can tricker some kind of responds by adding a torrent, pause it, restart the q-nap resume the torrent. It does not start, but it create the files, and reserves the space needed, nothing more. I hope it helps.

/Teddy
Owner of Q-Nap TS-109 with a 750GB Seagate disc.
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi Teddy,

This is weird, check the attached image i screen captured from your NAS as below:

3 torrents are downloading at the same time after you adjust the port range.

Andy
Teddy
Starting out

Post by Teddy »

Hi Andy

I see and I feel like such an As.... Sorry for the exstra workload I have put on you.

But the torrents from the tracker I usually use still don't work, but I think it is the tracker that won't accept connections from the QNap. Can you tell what the client will identify itself as?

/Teddy
schloessi
Starting out

Post by schloessi »

Hi Teddy,

just a guess for solving the tracker problem: enable DHT.

The client should use the DHT to get seeds and peers if the tracker isn´t available. I have the same problem on my TS-101, but also I have no option to enable DHT.

Hope this works.
Greetings,

schloessi

Config: TS-109Pro II, Netgear WNDR3700, IMac 20" 2,16GHz 2 GB RAM, Notebook Asus x64jv, Boxee Box
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi Guys,

There's software called QGet that comes with the NAS, did you get a chance to install it? it's just simple another interface for Qdownload apart from the web-based one.

Inside the job list, hight light the one that you wish to enable DHT function and right click on it and select "BT download property". Then tick the "use DHT to download" option and click "OK" from now on the torrent file will try to download from the peers if the tracker isn't available.

Let me know if it works for you.

Andy
schloessi
Starting out

Post by schloessi »

Hi Andy,

I´m a mac user. Your little Tool QGet is Win only. :(

A workaround for me is running QGet with Parallels Desktop. I tried it and it works. But I´m too lazy to start Parallels everytime to add a torrent and enable DHT for it.

How about an option in the web-interface for enabling DHT? I would appreciate it.
Greetings,

schloessi

Teddy
Starting out

Post by Teddy »

Hi schloessi

Well The tracker is a private tracker so DHT option is disabled. And the tracker refuses to open up for bittornado which I was told by Andy is th client embedded in the TS-109.

The only solution I see is if someone with a flair for Linux can somehow install µTorrent in the TS-109 with the web interface active (on some unused port) so I can use the TS-109 as intended, BT downloading!

So if anyone care to take the challenge please let me now.

/Teddy

Return to “Download Station and QGet”