How can I start NetBak Replicator in English?

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Stefano
Getting the hang of things

Post by Stefano »

My OS language is German, so it seems the installer installed the German version of NetBak Replicator.

Since the German translation has lots of translation errors (e.g. 'Exit' has been translated with 'Ausgang' which means 'Exit door'), I would like to use the application in English.

meiji

Post by meiji »

It's auto-detected and loaded. So it's not possible to do it as it is now.

Alternative could be using AppLocale from MS:
https://www.e-typedesign.co.uk/download ... laylang=en

This should allow you to do so.

By the way, could you help us to improve the German translation of NetBak Replicator? It's another way to have this fixed.
canapi
New here

Post by canapi »

I also have this problem in Italian, it's impossible to understand what to do with this program, too many (funny) errors!!! it's a crap, really unusable.

We can help maybe to translate but a smart option could be to allow users to specify on commandline the language, it's really impossible that You will have all the translations fixed!!! link the language (ah ah, let's call it so) to the international options it's really a bad, bad decision, who's the smarty that had this idea???? it's absolutely non professional to distribute a software like this, I'm sure it's wonderful but You have no idea what means read the italian "transaltion"!!!!

please fix it.
Lorenzo Canapicchi
canapi
New here

Post by canapi »

meiji wrote:It's auto-detected and loaded. So it's not possible to do it as it is now.

Alternative could be using AppLocale from MS:
https://www.e-typedesign.co.uk/download ... laylang=en

This should allow you to do so.

By the way, could you help us to improve the German translation of NetBak Replicator? It's another way to have this fixed.
This solution don't works in my pc, could you please tell me how can I help You to translate in Italian the program? the actual one is completely unusable
Lorenzo Canapicchi
meiji

Re: How can I start NetBak Replicator in English?

Post by meiji »

The new beta version allows you to change the UI language that you use:
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2250

Brief Release Notes:
1. Thanks for Snarky's help for revising Russian Translation.
2. On Windows 2000/XP/Vista, user can select the displaying language from the system menu of NetBak Replicator.
3. Add options to allow back up/restore without adding "user_name/computer_name/drive_name" prefix on NAS destination folder.
4. Rewrite codes of restoring data.
For detailed release notes, please refer to:
ftp://csdread:csdread@ftp.qnap.com/NAS/ ... on_3.2.pdf

If you are willing to help us to improve the translation, please send email to me: meijichang@qnap.com
Thank you.
cloon
First post

Re: How can I start NetBak Replicator in English?

Post by cloon »

Easy fix, go to your netBak folder

was sadly forced to install it there.. C:\Program Files\QNAP\NetBak and rename the dll with your language name the program will default to english..

Enjoy..

Return to “Backup & Restore”