Cannot convince Twonky to watch for new files (option -1)

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
Stefano
Getting the hang of things

Cannot convince Twonky to watch for new files (option -1)

Post by Stefano »

Hello!

I cannot convince Twonky to watch for new files on the Qmultimedia volume. In the web interface, there is an option to specify how often Twonky rescans the file system. It's set to 60 minutes currently, but the page says, I could also set it to -1 to make Twonky watching for new files permanently.

When I set it to -1 and save it, it's set back to 60 minutes after the server's restart.

What's wrong?

Stefano
Epstein
Easy as a breeze

Post by Epstein »

Hi stefano, since I'm also a often visitor of the Twonky forum, I know that this is a common problem with Twonky. I don't think there's much the very competent and helpful people here at QNAP can do much about, other than ask the Twonky people.
Stefano
Getting the hang of things

Post by Stefano »

I think the issue is described and solved here:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... ght=rescan
Epstein
Easy as a breeze

Post by Epstein »

Yes and as you can see in the link there's not a solution for it yet, other than to use an older linux kernel (which is not recommended) or waiting for Twonky to update their program to use the new inotify.
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Epstein wrote:Hi stefano, since I'm also a often visitor of the Twonky forum, I know that this is a common problem with Twonky. I don't think there's much the very competent and helpful people here at QNAP can do much about, other than ask the Twonky people.
Hi Epstein,

We wanna apologize if we made you feel that way but if we do we wouldn't have a chance to talk to each other at this newly launched community forums here now.

I, as a product manager, am required to answer at least 10 topics a day or say to make direct communications with our customers in order to receive the most current feedbacks as part of the QNAP's company policies, should it be complements or complaints.

Compare to those we successfully solved the problems for, ones that are still fighting with us we appreciate for your involvements on it so far. Our engineer here are working on those problems day and night and they are all having the same strong belief as to make it bug free as much as you do. So please bear with us for the time being and we'll definitely try our best to give you the best product experience we can.

Thanks

Andy @ QNAP
Epstein
Easy as a breeze

Post by Epstein »

Hi Andy, what I meant is that it's a problem with the Twonky software not with yours, which is why I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do anything about it. I do hope that the Twonky people will tho... But unfortunatly I know that the people at Twonky are slower in responding/fixing and so on, than the great people here at QNAP... I'm sorry if you thought I meant that you couldn't or wouldn't do anything about it.
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Not at all, that's cool and thanks for that too. :D

Return to “Media Streaming”