Why does my TS109 disconnect everytime I reboot PC?

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Finchy
Know my way around

Why does my TS109 disconnect everytime I reboot PC?

Post by Finchy »

Just a quickie, and it might just be me having an incorrect setting somewhere, but I'm finding that each time I reboot either of my PC's on the network both of them show all the mapped QNap drives (Qpublic, Qweb, Qmultimedia, etc) as 'disconnected' and I have to access each of them to reconnect them (the first asking for the username and password).

Is there anyway of keeping them always automatically connected? Do I need to create a user for each of the PC's that relate to the relevant PC's Windows username and password?

Thanks
Finchy
Know my way around

Post by Finchy »

Anyone? I just want it to automatically stay connected as a drive on the network so I don't have to manually do it (click to access, then enter username and password) everytime I reboot either PC.

I mapped the drives using the QNap Finder, btw.

Thanks.
QNAPRei
Been there, done that

Post by QNAPRei »

Hi Finchy,

This could be a Microsoft Networking problem. You may find a couple of articles about mapped drives getting disconnected after PC restarts in the Microsoft technical support site. If you're running your PC on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows Server 2003, please read this. If you're using Symantec AntiVirus 10.0 or to Symantec Client Security 3.0 on a Windows Server 2003-based computer or on a Windows XP-based computer, please read this.

If you can't find any solutions after all, you may contact our technical support by submitting the online support form.
Online Support Form: http://www.qnap.com/onlinesupport.asp
Support email: q_support@qnap.com.tw
MSN: q.support@hotmail.com
Finchy
Know my way around

Post by Finchy »

OK, cheers, I'm on XP Pro on both, haven't got any Symantec software on them but I'll have a browse, see what I can find.
Finchy
Know my way around

Post by Finchy »

I still can't resolve this, and it's on both my laptop and desktop. I've tried the WIndows fix mentioned above but it doesn't help, and as both Windows devices do the same I'm guessing it may be how the TS109 is configured and not the Windows devices? I've emailed support anyway, see if they can shed any light on it....!
Finchy
Know my way around

Post by Finchy »

With the quick help of the QNap support team, I have resolved this.

In case anyone has a similar problem, the problem was that I had not set up the same user on the QNap as those on my PC's. To resolve it I had to disconnect the mapped drives, create users on the QNap for each PC and use the same passwords, then adjust access to allow write as well as read.

Both my laptop and desktop now automatically reconnect to the QNap on reboot.

Very impressed with the quick and helpful response from the support team by the way! Many thanks! ;)

Return to “Miscellaneous”