TS109/209 can I use Newsleecher on it as a download tool

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
ianonline
New here

TS109/209 can I use Newsleecher on it as a download tool

Post by ianonline »

I am looking to purchase either the TS109 or 209 my question is this:
Can I use my download software "newsleecher" on it http://www.newsleecher.com/ as I download from newsgroups.
I want to leave it downloading on the TS whilst my laptop is off, also if I can use it will it also allow me to run winrar on it also?
Thanks
towerofsong
New here

Post by towerofsong »

Any sort of newsgroup client would be amazing. Having to leave my PC on to download from newsgroups is alot of hassle.
ianonline
New here

Post by ianonline »

I shall take that as a no then!...shame
Looks like I better build a cheapo pc to do i for me then and remote access it
Psyk
New here

Post by Psyk »

Hi,

I would be interested in that too as I'm looking for a NAS and the TS-209 is better than other (500mhz and 128mb ram) but I will need it to be able to download on newsgroup (injecting NZB for file list).

As Synology DS-107 & 207 (not the +) are able to install one it's a great point but they're only runing on 266mhz cpu.
ianonline
New here

Post by ianonline »

The Synolgy device, I had a quick look at, am I right in assuming it does not allow Newsgroup downloads fia Newsleecher or an NZB file?

I just want to be certain these options are not available as I am now thinking of building my own HTPC centre after messing about with a scrap pc and wirelessly connecting to it via RealVNC via my laptop I succesfully got this to download for me, and drag the file across the network when complete but had to put windows on it
Psyk
New here

Post by Psyk »

ianonline wrote:The Synolgy device, I had a quick look at, am I right in assuming it does not allow Newsgroup downloads fia Newsleecher or an NZB file?

I just want to be certain these options are not available as I am now thinking of building my own HTPC centre after messing about with a scrap pc and wirelessly connecting to it via RealVNC via my laptop I succesfully got this to download for me, and drag the file across the network when complete but had to put windows on it
I only got the information in french
Pour ce qui est du download center, on peut y adjoindre le client ML-Donkey (emule + BT) et le client SABNZB. Ce dernier est interresant car on pose les .nzb dans un repertoire et il dl, unpar et unrar les fichiers automatiquement icon_wink.gif. Pour ML-Donkey, il suffit de copier l'adresse des liens ed2k:// dans l'interface web et il s'occuppe du reste. Précision importante : il faut les version des synology DS-101g+ et la série des DS-106 et DS-107 spécifiquement, car ces packages sont reservés aux noyaux linux basés sur proc PPC.
It means that in the download center system included in synology (DS-101g+ - 106 and 107 (and 207) based on the PPC processor) are able to add the ML-Donkey Client and Sabnzb too.

The way it work then? you have to copy the nzb file in a specified folder and then it will download, check, repair if necessary and unrar files.
For emule client, you need to paste the ed2k link into a windows from the download center.

Return to “Features Wanted”