Torrents busted, Download station corrupts files

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
brn
Starting out

Torrents busted, Download station corrupts files

Post by brn »

I own a qnap109, and it is wonderfull. Low/no noise, low power consuption, lots of features.

Unfortunately the torrent downloader corrupts files frequently, and therefore it isn't of much use. Until this is fixed, anyone looking into the NAS market for torrent downloaders, should avoid the Qnap.

Check out the forum thread
http://forum.qnap.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=620

Best regards

PS: Don't know if it's a qnap109 problem, but I doubt it. The 209 probably uses same software.
QNAPIvan
Experience counts

Post by QNAPIvan »

Dear brn:
Thanks for yor sharing. The purpose of the forum is to have direct contact between customers and QNAP team. For your concern that we have not covered, we are looking at it in the related thread you post.

Cheers,
USA Technical Support: +1 909 595 2782
QNAPIvan
Experience counts

Post by QNAPIvan »

Dear brn:
I would like to invite you to download the new firmware 1.1.2 1009, the BitTorrent download issue should be solved.

Cheers,
Teddy
Starting out

Post by Teddy »

I still get the error. even though I have updated the system to the firmware (1009)
Owner of Q-Nap TS-109 with a 750GB Seagate disc.
mateo739
New here

Post by mateo739 »

Hello ! I have Qnap TS-109Pro 1.1.2 1012T and i have same problem with download station - all files (80%) are corrupt (torrent and ftp/http) :evil: When I download via my pc all is ok. Can you help me ?
Best regards Mateusz. (sorry for bad english).
QNAPIvan
Experience counts

Post by QNAPIvan »

Dear mateo:
We have ftp/http solution on hand (beta) now.

For the "crashed files" in BT, we have some clues now. We assume these are due to the unfinished download tasks when the the target file size of downloads are extremely large.(aroung 4GB or even larger)
What we need now is to have more environments to confirm this issue. Here in my environment I cannot duplicate the issue,
if you or any other firends here can help QNAP team please pm to me your environment. (thanks in advance)

If you encounter this issue, please do not delete the BT task from your finish list. Keep the environment there and let us connect to your NAS to check it. In past experience we can make it continue the unfinished download and make it complete.

Cheers,
Pancho
Getting the hang of things

Downloads

Post by Pancho »

I have a TS-101 and there has been no problem but don't think I have exceeded the 4Gb mentioned; have downloaded files over 3Gb though.
evander
New here

Re: Torrents busted, Download station corrupts files

Post by evander »

I have seen this problem on my ts-100 several times. All times the file have been over 4 GB. Smaller files works just fine (a bit slow, but they work). I don't think I've ever managed to download a file larger than 4 GB without having it corrupted :(
Pancho
Getting the hang of things

Post by Pancho »

I recently downloaded a 4.8Gb file. It stuck at 99.9%. I have a fixed IP address so I can access my TS-101 from anywhere. Reading some articles on the net about this I tried switching everything off and re-started the 99.9% file. I left it checking through the file as that takes quite a time; when I looked a couple of hours later it had finished. Unlike other Torrent downloaders you cannot tell which part is not finished. What there is should be enough to download files if all goes well. I would like to see how much I am uploading though, not find out afterwards. I have mentioned this elsehwere. Using the latest firmware.
evander
New here

Post by evander »

hmm, that happened to me a couple of times as well. A file getting stuck and not changing its status. The larger than 4 GB files I had problem with all finished though so I couldn't restart them :S
EstherX
First post

Post by EstherX »

Are florecent lights actually good for the environment? i'm pretty much the biggest tree hugger ever and i forced my family to switch all the light bulbs in our house to those eco-friendly florecent bulbs. but my mom just found out that they are SOOOO toxic when they break! she said its so much worse for the environment if they break than if you use traditional bulbs. and you also have to go through this whole big clean up thing. is it really beneficial to use these?

Return to “Download Station and QGet”